Making decisions about the exterior of your home can be incredibly tough since it’s the first impression that your home gives. And if you live in a neighborhood with an HOA, you also have to take into consideration the rules about what you can and cannot do. But if you don’t have restrictions about the color of your siding, how do you choose?
When choosing the color of your siding take these things into consideration:
- What is your style? Your preference will probably jump out before anything else. Do you prefer classic, simple colors? Or do you like more lively colorful exteriors?
- How will it look next to your roof? Of course, you will have to consider the color of your roof, you don’t want these colors to clash.
- What do the houses in your neighborhood look like? You can either draw inspiration or perhaps not want to stick out like a sore thumb with an orange house in a sea of white houses.
- What is the style of your home? Depending on the architecture, your home might look better with a particular color. For example, colonial homes tend to look better with white, gray, mint or pale yellow siding.
- Consider the size of your home. While you might like a color, it might not look so great on a bigger home.
- Look at the siding colors in full sunlight. Colors look different in artificial light, so take the sample and see it outside in the daylight.
While difficult, it is very exciting to pick the color of your siding! So we suggest you to take these tips into consideration when making your decision. The right decision will make your home the envy of the neighborhood. If you are in the Woodbridge area and are looking for a siding contractor, give us a call at 703-492-4663. You can also check out our siding options on our website.