Fall Home Maintenance Checklist
We are one week into fall. Although summer is still lingering, we will soon experience windy days and colorful leaves. And while the weather is still kind of nice, it’s a good idea to do some maintenance on your home before winter arrives and it gets too cold to be outside.
So what should you be checking off your list?
- Gutters: Every year, our gutters are filled with leaves by the end of fall. Knowing what’s coming, clean your gutters in advance. You will most likely have clean them again before winter starts due to rain and snowstorms.
- Siding: Perform a siding inspection. Make sure that there is no peeling or blistering. Check for mold or any other infestation. If your siding is in need of repair, give us a call before winter arrives.
- Roof: Inspect for any loose or missing shingles. With the snowstorms that are sure to come, you want to make sure that your roof won’t be leaking.
- Store Supplies: Whatever it may be; wood, pet food, aid kits, etc. You need to be ready for a snowstorm and if you do it now, you won’t have to worry during the winter.
- Windows and Doors: Check for drafts! Do you want to cut down your energy costs? Add weatherstripping around windows and doors.
- Heating System: Schedule a tune-up to make sure that your heating system is working as it should.
- Chimney: Inspect that no animals have crawled up and have it swept.
- Smoke Detector: Check your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors. Don’t forget to replace the batteries!
If you are in Loudon or the surrounding counties in the Northern Virginia area and you need help with your windows, siding, or gutters, give MidAtlantic Contracting a call at 703-492-4663.