8 Questions to Ask Your Remodeling Contractor
Although it is still Spring, the summer heat is here. And with this warm weather and summer fast approaching in the Woodbridge area, many homeowners will use this season to start on remodeling projects. If you are in the stage of choosing a remodeling contractor, it is imperative to do your research to ensure that you choose the right contractor. The quality of the work is as equally as important as the project itself.
We have come up with a list of questions yo ask your remodeling contractor:
- How many years of experience do you have as a remodeling contractor? Of course the more, the better, but you can also figure out how many years they have specifically doing kitchen remodels or roofs.
- Do you have a contractor license? It is important to know if your contractor is licensed. You will have better peace of mind.
- Do you take care of the permits or do we? Majority of contractors take care of the permits, but it’s still good to ask. You don’t want any surprises.
- Do you have any references? Whether they give you the numbers of different clients or they direct you to their Yelp page. Having feedback will help you decide on whether to hire them or not.
- How long will the project take? Not only will it give you an idea of how long the project will take, but also how long or fast this company works.
- Will there be an on-site project manager? Will they be there daily? It is good to know the name of the person who will supervise the project.
- Will I receive updates throughout the project? Having frequent communication about the project is a good sign. In addition, you will be in the known if the project takes a halt or if it will take longer than originally planned.
- Do you guarantee your work? Do the materials you use have a warranty? In case something goes wrong, it is good to know where you stand and who to contact.
These are some great questions to ask when searching for a remodeling contractor. If you are looking for a remodeling contractor in the Woodbridge area, contact MidAtlantic Contracting at 703-492-4663. Mid Atlantic Contracting Inc. is a full-service construction and home improvement company serving both the private and commercial sectors in the Virginia, Maryland, and Washington D.C. areas.
Take a look at some of our recent blog posts: 6 Warning Signs That You Need New Siding, 3 Things You Need To Do Before Your Roofing Replacement, and 4 Remodeling Projects That You Should Consider this Spring.