Happy Spring! Although the Woodbridge area did receive a few inches of snow on Wednesday, we are officially in spring time. And you know how it goes in Virginia, today might be 30 degrees and tomorrow might be 70. Regardless of the crazy weather, the spring season has arrived, and we are ready to enjoy the warmer weather. And with the change of season comes spring cleaning. Spring cleaning is not just getting rid of old clothing and cleaning out your fridge; it is also the perfect time to do some maintenance around the home.
So what kind of things should you be taking care of this spring?
- Clean your gutters: Your gutters are about to get mighty heavy with spring showers. If you want to avoid damage to your home, clean your gutters to prevent clogging.
- Inspect your roof: You probably haven’t been up there since summer so you might want to take a look. Inspect for missing, cracked or loose shingles.
- Clean and inspect windows: It’s time to clean the outside of your windows. There could be bugs, bird poop, or grime getting in the way of your home’s curb appeal. Take this time to also inspect any caulking or weather stripping. You want to make sure that there are no drafts for when summer rolls around.
- Check outside faucets: You can check for freeze damage by turning on the water and placing your finger over the opening. If you can stop the water, then the pipe needs to be fixed.
- Schedule an HVAC tune-up: Now that the weather will change you want to make sure your A/C is working efficiently.
Once you are done with your to-do list, you can give MidAtlantic Contracting a call if you need help with your gutters, roof, or siding. Or if you are planning to add a deck to your home or do some spring remodeling, you can reach us at 703-492-4663.