Many homeowners in northern Virginia have trees in their yards, and some are close to their houses. While having trees in your backyard has lots of benefits, it can also be dangerous and costly. We at MidAtlantic Contracting have come to the rescue of many homeowners with roofing replacement Woodbridge VA, after a tree damaged their home’s roof. Here is what you need to know about roofs and trees to stay on the same side.
How do trees benefit roofs?
Due to the potential for costly roofing repairs and other related dangers resulting from having trees close to a house, some homeowners choose to cut down all the trees in their yards. We are top-notch experts in roofing Woodbridge and the greater northern Virginia, and we advise against this as having trees in your yard can benefit your roof. Here’s how;
- Trees do protect roofs from wind damage by acting as a windbreaker.
- UV rays can deface many roofing solutions, and a tree’s shade can protect your roof from such damage. This means that your roof will likely look good for a longer time.
- Trees help with temperature regulation in summer, so you won’t have to spend as much money running your AC system.
How can trees damage roofs?
As one of the best roofing companies in northern Virginia, we have come across all kinds of roofing damage caused by trees. These include;
- Trees and branches falling on roofs causing significant damage: – In some cases, this can cause injuries to the occupants of the house. Trees and branches can fall due to strong winds or damage by other elements like termites, fungus, diseases, and lightning.
- Leaves, fruits, and nuts dropping on the roof leading to various problems: – Firstly, the debris can pile up on the roof, trapping moisture underneath leading to algae and mold growth. Huge nuts and fruits falling on your roof repeatedly can compromise its structural integrity after a few years. If the damage is extensive, you will have to get a roofing replacement Woodbridge VA.
- Trees can provide excess shade, which will make it hard for your roof to dry, and this increases the chances of algae and mold growth.
- Trees make it easy for animals like rodents and raccoons to access the roof. Some of the animals can choose to nest or play on the roof, damaging it.
How to prevent trees from damaging your roof
Roofing replacement Woodbridge VA, can be expensive, and this is why preventing trees from damaging your roof is the best approach. Here’s what you need to do;
- Trim the branches of trees hanging near your house’s roof: -This means that fewer leaves, fruits, and nuts will be falling on your roof. It will also be harder for animals to get to your roof by climbing the tree. Moreover, if a branch breaks off from the tree, it likely won’t fall on your roof.
- Cut down unsteady trees: – We have been doing roofing Woodbridge for a long time, and it’s always devastating to see the damage caused by a tree falling on a house. You can avoid such a fate by cutting down any unsteady trees in your yard. Keep in mind that you have to be careful when cutting down the tree so that it doesn’t fall on the house.
- Regularly clean debris from the roof so that it doesn’t build up and trap moisture.
As one of the best roofing companies in northern Virginia, we are committed to serving our clients’ roofing needs. We have numerous previous clients who are very happy with our services and keep providing us with referrals. If you need roofing replacement Woodbridge VA, contact us for amazing offers and check out and website for a free quote.