Remodeling Your Home Can Save You Money
Living in the Northern Virginia area can get really pricey and sometimes homeowners decide against a home remodel. We understand the investment it takes for a home remodel or just to remodel one room, but we believe that the remodel that you want, will save you money in the long run.
How so? Well, when you are remodeling your home or maybe one room, you are working with brand new materials that are more energy-efficient. Just think of how many things have changed in the last 10 years, if your home was built in the 70’s or 80’s it was built with some materials that perhaps are not being used anymore.
You could lower down your energy bill and be more environmentally friendly with the right remodel. The first thing you should do is get an energy audit. An energy audit will tell you what areas of your home need work.
These are some of the things that a remodel can do to make your home more energy-efficient:
- Improve your insulation. The biggest energy drainage is through faulty insulation.
- Remodeling a kitchen, bathroom, garage, etc. can require the replacement of windows. We provide our clients with the option of energy-efficient windows that will reduce their energy consumption.
- Switch to green plumbing. That includes things like upgrading your water fixtures to low-flow ones or installing aerators or faucet flow reductors. If you go for a bathroom remodel, you can choose a WaterSense toilet which will reduce the amount of water you use.
- Installing new energy-efficient appliances will also do the trick. Think of how often you use your stove, dishwasher, and refrigerator. You most likely use it everyday. Replacing your old ones for energy-efficient ones will reduce the amount of energy you use.
- Think of the new lights! Replacing your old lights with LED or CFL lights will surely reduce energy use. These lights use 25-80% less energy than the traditional incandescents.
A remodel, or an addition is just an investment for the long run. Not only will your home look better but you will also save money and reduce energy use. As you begin thinking on your next remodel, give MidAtlantic Contracting a call, we are here to answer all your questions!