Are you prepared for the rain? We’ve had a fair amount of rain in the Woodbridge area, and we are still a month away from spring. While it’s exciting that the weather is getting warmer, as a homeowner and business owner you have to ask yourself if your property is prepared for the rainy season. And especially, are your gutters prepared for the rain?
You want to make sure that your gutters are in tip-top shape before the spring showers arrive. And if they aren’t, you want to replace them right away. These are several ways that you can tell that your gutters are failing to do their job:
These warning signs mean that it’s time for a gutter replacement:
- You have water leaking into your basement. The water will also create mold.
- You have cracks in your foundation. In this case, your gutters are not directing water away from your foundation (which is the whole point).
- Your gutters are sagging, loose or pulling apart.
- You have holes or cracks in your gutters. Small cracks turn into huge problems.
- You have rusty gutters.
- You have found nails or broken fasteners (this is a sign of loose gutters).
- The paint on your gutters and home is peeling.
- The wood behind the gutters is corroding.
- When it’s raining you hear water smacking to the ground (your gutters are full and are not draining properly).
- There are puddles around your home’s foundation (another sign that your gutters aren’t draining properly).
While only a couple of these problems can be fixed by unclogging your gutters, others are only fixable by replacing your gutter system. If you are in need of a gutter replacement are in the Woodbridge area, give us a call at 703.492.4663.
Check out our latest articles: