Do you know the signs that say it’s time to replace the roof on your home? If not you’ve come to the right place to learn. Numerous signs suggest the time has come for roofing replacement Woodbridge VA. When those signs rear their ugly face, it’s time to take action before more serious trouble occurs. Delay the roof replacement and expect a whirlwood of stress and potential dangers until you finally call a professional to discuss the service.
Signs it’s Time to Replace Your Roof
Signs that it’s time to replace the roof vary from one roofing material to the next, although many of the same signs indicate trouble regardless of the roofing material. The five signs below are among those that suggest the roof has lived its life and needs to be replaced. Hed the warning signs and call us when it’s time to schedule roofing replacement Woodbridge VA.
- Roof Age: The expected lifetime of your roof varies according to the material. Asphalt shingles roofing, the most commonly used roof on residential homes, has an average lifetime of 20 – 25 years. If your roof is nearing or has passed its expected lifetime, roofing replacement Woodbridge VA now can save trouble later.
- Curled/Buckled Shingles: Curled and buckled shingles also indicate that it’s time for new roofing Woodbridge. This problem occurs with age, causing nails in the attic to push out of the roof, creating a gap that allows outside elements inside the home. This includes sunshine, rain, snow, and more. Curling is a big concern that needs the attention of roofing companies Northern Virginia immediately.
- Algae Growth: Algae growth occurs when bacteria eat the roof’s waterproofing properties away. This leaves the roof susceptible to many dangers, including leaks. If you notice black streaking on the roof, algae are the likely culprit and it’s time to call a roofing Woodbridge professional.
- Moisture/Mold: Moisture on the roof leads to mold, which may then grow in areas inside the home, causing mayhem for the family. Inspect the roof regularly and call a professional if you notice a problem. If the plywood on the roof is damaged, you’ll need an entire roof replacement Woodbridge VA.
- Daylight Through Boards: If you see the sun streaking through the decking of the roof, it’s a clear sign that it’s time for roof replacement Woodbridge VA. This problem occurs when nails are loose or missing or when there is flashing or after the roof loses its weatherproofing qualities.
Is it Time to Replace the Roof?
The five signs above are a handful of the many that indicate the need for a new roof. Pay attention to your roof; it’s an important component of your home. When the signs say that it’s time to replace the roof, make that call.
Don’t waste your time with the other roofing companies Northern Virginia when we’re ready to exceed expectations when it’s time for roofing replacement Woodbridge VA. Call us for your free roofing quote and learn why there’s never been a better time to replace the roof.