How to Prepare Your Deck for Spring
Are you ready for Spring? Here in Woodbridge, we can’t wait for spring to get here. After the Nor’easter caused damage to homes and businesses last week, we are over this crazy weather. We are ready to welcome Spring with open arms! And as your deck builder, we want to urge you to get your deck ready for Spring. This will probably be the first time using your deck after this long winter, and you want it to be ready for any events that might pop up!
Tips to Prepare your Deck for Spring
- Clean it! Use a leaf blower or sweep your deck to get rid of leaves and debris that might have accumulated over fall and winter. Once everything is cleared up, power wash it to get rid of the dirt and mold.
- If you had put deck furniture away, you should clean it. Clean it with a wet rag and leave it out to dry after your done.
- Clean your grill! You will soon be grilling steaks, burgers, and hot dogs, so get it prepared.
- Consider updating your deck. We can work with you to update the look of your deck; whether you need to add a roof or turn it into a screened porch, we can help you remodel your deck.
- Add colorful decor to your deck. Whether it be fun pillows or colorful pots, this is the perfect time to freshen up the decor.
- Add some flowers and plants. You can start planting around your deck and in your backyard or add store-bought plants.
We hope these tips help you get your deck ready for spring! And if you are in need of a deck builder in the Woodbridge area, give Midatlantic Contracting a call at 703-492-4663. We would be happy to install a new deck for you or update your current one.
Don’t forget to check out our latest posts. Take a look at our latest three: Is it Time for New Gutters?, How to Keep Your Deck in Great Shape During Winter, and 4 Signs that You Need a Roof Replacement.